Roughly a month after getting exploited for the second time this year, Cream Finance has reported that it has recovered more than $16 million of the funds.
- CryptoPotato reported on August 31st this year when the decentralized finance protocol Cream Finance suffered another security breach – this time, roughly $25 million in ETH and AMP were stolen.
- At the time, the team behind the project promised to investigate the manner and provide frequent updates.
- Now, approximately a month after the incident, Cream outlined a positive outcome, at least for a large chunk of the stolen funds.
- The team asserted that its full commitment to retrieving those funds has led to the recovery of over 5,150 ETH. With today’s prices, this amount represents more than $16 million. Nevertheless, there’re still several million left.
- Cream further explained that the parties involved in the retrieving of the funds had earned a 50% bounty. Also, the DeFi protocol has honored its traditional 10% bug bounty and has allowed the hacker to retain 10% of the stolen funds.
Thanks to them we were able to track down and identify the hacker who we immediately engaged.
— Cream Finance 🍦 (@CreamdotFinance) October 1, 2021
Binance Futures 50 USDT FREE Voucher: Use this link to register & get 10% off fees and 50 USDT when trading 500 USDT (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.
Credit: Source link